On 10.09.2012 the European Commission presented a report on study fees and available study grants in the various EU countries. The comparison of costs is set to increase the mobility of students in Europe.
On average, it currently takes five weeks and costs about EUR 400 to reregister a car registered in a EU country in another member state. If the proposal of the EU Commission is followed, this procedure will get faster, easier, and cheaper in the future.
By Cornelia van Heerden, Heyns & Partners Inc.
Africa is a vast continent with up in excess of 1 billion inhabitants and a plethora of cultures and different language groups. Although doing business in Africa was once perceived as a difficult and complex undertaking, this is slowly starting to change. With fewer conflicts, more democratic elections and economic growth rates that have gradually begun to compete with those of other developing regions, Africa is proving itself to be a continent of positive change.
By Richard Collins
So much has changed in the last three years and this has had a profound impact on us as human beings. We have seen the workplace reinvented at lightning speed and the employee experience has dramatically changed. We have also become much more aware of both environmental and social issues such as the impact of climate change and the rising cost of living. There is a greater focus on improving diversity and inclusion, a heightened awareness around mental health and wellbeing and the importance of building meaningful and authentic community engagement.
By Nick Mason, Turtl
Today it's common knowledge that personalisation is a priority for modern businesses. Brands like Netflix, Amazon, and Google have shown just how effective personalised services can be for efforts in business growth, lead gen, click-throughs, and even customer loyalty. As a result, many others are already deploying personalisation, but customers are unimpressed.
By Paul Gambles, MBMG Group
The unknown origin of the saying “the road to hell is paved with good intentions” long precedes the current vogue for ESG (environmental, social and corporate governance) approaches to investing, but in many ways, it could have been coined for exactly that purpose, perhaps reflecting the long history of such concerns.
By Philip Cartwright, Abacus Financial Services Ltd
Gibraltar has been at the forefront of regulating crypto and blockchain space. The government, regulator, and local law firms combined into a working practice group and introduced their own regulations on 01 January 2018 for Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT).
By Elisabeth Colson, Devry Smith Frank LLP
Sheltering in place is easier when needs can be met by a mouse-click, whether shopping, paying bills, or connecting with the outside world. Yet people are more frequently declining webinar invitations, and group catch-up calls now seem draining rather than fun. Yes, video fatigue is a “thing”.
By Sergio Fernández, Grup Vilar Riba
We are in a disruptive moment. This period constitutes an unprecedented challenge, but it must also be a period of opportunities to improve and create more robust and agile processes in our companies.
By Nasiha Choudhury, Lawrence Grant Chartered Accountants
Videos have gone from popular to essential over the last decade. Companies are recognising the importance of storytelling, adding a more “human” quality, and the benefits are seen in increased engagement and website traffic.
More Articles ...
- The Billable Hour Kills Your Firm’s Values: What Are the Alternatives?
- Why Marketing Planners are Good for Business
- How Data Analytics helps Business Decision-Making
- Drive Growth Through on Trend Business Development Messaging
- Digitalisation, blockchain / crypto inflicts regulatory changes ahead
- The risks embedded in your IT landscape
- A third of UK SME owners consider their own management team a barrier to growth
- Football & Finance: Exploring the Capital Markets
- The Game Plan: Litigation and Crisis Communications in the Digital Age (II)
- Litigation and Crisis Communications in the Information Age (I)
- Trump is Only President; US Immigration Continues
- Attractiveness for Investing Environment and Development Perspectives in Armenia
- Argentina, on the Path to Investment
- UK company owners gamble wealth on business
- Protection and security of client information data (2)
- Make in India – A fresh approach: the latest developments
- Why can’t private individuals in India take advantage of cheap lending abroad?
- Three critical success factors for profitable lateral hiring
- Where are we all heading economically?
- Thailand at the crossroads
- The Nine Characteristics of Successful Business Leaders and Entrepreneurs
- Responsible Leadership
- Must-have communications for a professional service company
- Titans of industry: marketing and publicising your company’s industry-focused teams
- New generic top level domains to revolutionise the internet
- The Structural Reforms in Mexico
- Is your Business Heading Off a Fiscal Cliff?
- Spring forecast for EU countries cautiously optimistic
- Standard for inter-generational justice sought
- Account as fundamental European right
- The Affordable Care Act – It'S Time To Start Counting Hours
- Standardisation of External Border Security for the Schengen States Continues
- Large Wage Differential in Europe
- EU Plans to Crack Down on Dumping Imports
- Luxury goods on the edge?
- Relief from EU Consequential Costs for SMEs
- EU coordinates negotiating position for free trade talks with the USA
- EU Commission backs up the financial transaction tax
- Investment in the mining industry in Mexico
- EU customs authorities must be better coordinated when it comes to imported goods
- Added value of foreign trade receives new database
- United Kingdom – Open for Business
- Great expectations and opportunities for foreign investment in Mexico with New Government
- First OECD study on local integration presented
- Too low wages increase the economic downward trend
- Europe Needs to Combine Solid Fiscal Policy with Structural Reform
- Millions of Jobs Wiped Out by Economic Crisis
- Tailwind from Brussels for the Automobile Industry
- EUR 200 Million More for Expansion of European Infrastructure
- Eurostat Presents Interim Results of Europe 2020 Strategy
- EU social partners negotiate over new maximum working hours
- The Euro is developing into the true common currency
- The European crisis: perceptions from Japan in comparison with the "lost decade"
- Construction sector to drive growth
- ILO labour market researchers count on employment policy
- EU Commission to Negotiate Free Trade Agreement with Japan
- Subsidised Research to be Freely Accessible
- OECD wants to Resolve Qualification Paradox
- Tolls Cannot Discriminate Against Foreigners
- Rising Protectionism Threatens World Trade
- Anti-money laundering regulations to be adjusted
- Job Market Remains the Major Challenge
- New Approach for Transatlantic Free Trade
- Slight Growth Expected in the EU for 2013
- EU Looking for Ways to Regulate Shadow Banks
- Switzerland Financial Community to Balance Legal Compliance and Attractiveness to Investors
- Switzerland must adjust to lower growth in the EU
- EU Commission wants to obligate rating agencies